Dry Air Can Damage Your Family’s Health and Home
Physicians and other experts often recommend humidity control to prevent the damaging effects of dry air caused by low relative humidity.
- Low humidity can increase your likelihood of getting colds, flu and other upper respiratory ailments. Viruses that cause colds and flu thrive in low humidity. And, according to The American Society of Otolaryngology, dry air can make people more susceptible to infection. In addition, drier air can aggravate allergy and asthma symptoms.
- Low humidity can cause home damage. It causes walls, woodwork, and your beautiful hardwood floors to crack. Electronics can fall victim to static electric charges, requiring expensive repair or replacement.
- Low humidity can cause higher energy costs. Low humidity can make you feel too cold at normal temperatures leading you to turn up the thermostat. This leads to higher energy bills.
Beyond the damage low humidity causes, it makes you uncomfortable. It can cause:
Aprilaire Model 500 Humidifier
The Aprilaire Model 500 Humidifier is economical and a proven performer designed for small to mid-sized homes. The Model 500 features:
- A built-in bypass damper, which means less parts to install
- Truly automatic control, but it can also be installed in manual mode
Aprilaire Model 600 Humidifier
The Aprilaire Model 600 Humidifier is one of the best-performing bypass humidifiers on the market. As a large-capacity unit, the Model 600:
- Features a built-in bypass damper, which means fewer parts to install
- Delivers up to 50% more moisture than competitive units
- Has an evaporation capacity of 0.70 gallons per hour
- Humidifies tightly constructed homes up to 4,000 square feet in size
Aprilaire Model 700 Humidifier
- Has an evaporation capacity of 0.75 gallons per hour—among the highest capacity humidifiers sold
- Humidifies tightly constructed homes up to 4,200 square foot in size
- Features truly automatic control
AMERICAN STANDARD POWER HUMIDIFIER
- Designed for homes with up to 4,200 square feet
- Automatically delivers the right amount of humidity as needed
- Delivers up to 50 percent more moisture than comparable humidifiers
- Uses an optimal outdoor sensor to monitor temperature to maintain correct indoor humidity levels
- So quiet, you'll barely notice it's running
- Flow-Through Design helps control mineral buildup, minimizing maintenance
- Resists rust and corrosion
- Quick-access humidifier pad makes maintenance easy
- +++10 YEAR WORKING PART WARRANTY